1975 – 2015: Belimo celebrates 40th anniversary
Innovations in Comfort, Energy Efficiency, and Safety Solutions
Belimo has set standards in the field of HVAC actuator and valve technology since 1975 with its consistent orientation to market requirements and pioneering innovations.
- Acquisition of the previously independent distribution company Belimo AB, Sweden
- Range expansion into sensors
- Belimo Energy Valve™ 3.0 with cloud integration
- Launch of new global digital design including websites and web shop
- Launches HVAC zone solutions for the residential market.
- Launches a technologically advanced butterfly valve and actuator assembly; the most intelligent, energy efficient, and reliable high flow solution in the HVAC market.
- The new generation of butterfly valves/actuators is introduced.
- Operation start of the logistics building expansion at headquarters in Hinwil, ZH.
- Foundation of a subsidiary in Turkey.
- New distributors in Iran and in Saudi-Arabia.
- Belimo celebrates 40th anniversary!
- Belimo ZoneTight™ zone valves offer new performance and energy efficient standards for pressure independent and dependent zone valves backed with a 5-year warranty.
- New generation of fire damper actuators with Safety Position Lock™.
- Belimo Americas builds efficient, LEED Certified™ Gold® headquarters in Danbury, CT; continuing the commitment to the community and the employees by expanding the capabilities to provide outstanding quality, delivery, and customer service.
- Expands the Belimo Energy Valves™ and Electronic Pressure Independent Valve (EPIV) range. The precision and accuracy of the Energy Valve can be seen on its ultrasonic British thermal units (BTU) meter.
- New globe valve retrofit linkage for replacement of existing globe valve actuators offering easy installation with no downtime.
- 1456 employees.
- 494 Million sales in CHF.
- With the quick compact valve (QCV) Belimo brings the reliable characterized control valve technology to the zones.
- The new generation of globe actuators is introduced.
- Launch of the ZIP Economizer; the fastest route to reliable energy savings with patented ZIP code set up, alarms, superior troubleshooting capability, and a modular design.
- Launch of the Belimo Energy Valve™, a pressure independent control valve that measures energy, controls power and manages Delta T in chilled and hot water applications providing energy-efficient operation of plants in all seasons.
- Lanuch of the highest torque spring return actuator; the EF offers 270 in-lbs/ 30 Nm of torque and a NEMA 4 option to meet tough environmental conditions.
- 50 million actuators were assembled!
- Launch of the Electronic Pressure Independent Valve (EPIV) with an integrated electronic flow sensor and control algorithm to maintain flow set point regardless of differential pressure variations.
- “Excellence Award” received for the best Swiss Company from Swiss Investment Companies and professors from the Universities Zurich and Eichstatt-Ingolstadt.
- Launch of the 6-way Characterized Control Valve offering a cost effective way to control heating and cooling using a single valve and actuator for chilled beam and fan-coil applications.
- Belimo Americas builds a new energy efficient, LEED Certified™ Gold® building in Sparks, Nevada (USA).
- BELIMO Brasil Comércio de Automação Ltda. established, providing technical support and outstanding customer service with shorter lead times to our customers in Brazil.
- Net business volume exceeds CHF 400 Million sales.
- Launch of the thinnest damper actuator. The CM actuator, measuring 0.63”, fits in the smallest of spaces with a torque of 18 in-lbs (2 Nm).
- 1000 employees.
- 30 Million actuators since foundation.
- The new generation of actuators without safety position is introduced within the following three years.
- Extension of product guarantee period to five years.
- Change of accounting principles from Swiss GAAP FER to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Invention of the Pressure Independent Characterized Control Valve (PICCV) that compensates for pressure variations and performs continual balancing to maintain system performance at varying loads.
- Invention of the FSNF, Fire and Smoke spring-return damper actuator designed for operation of smoke and combination of fire and smoke dampers in ventilation and air-conditioning systems.
- Belimo moves to a new production and administration facility in Hinwil, uniting all locations in the Zurich Oberland region to one site in Hinwil, Switzerland.
- Introduction of new Multi-Function Technology (MFT) provides a wide variety of programmable control inputs and feedback signals.
- Launch of globe valve assemblies for regulating flow in frequent and throttling operation applications.
- Introduction of the mission statement “Together to the Top.”
- New business volume exceeds CHF 200 million in sales.
- Belimo releases its line of Characterized Control Valves (CCV) with a patented specialized self-cleaning ball seat design with high close-off pressure and zero leakage covering large air handlers to small zone applications.
- 500 employees.
- Belimo enters the HVAC water application market.
- Belimo Asia Pacific established in Hong Kong.
- 10 Million actuators since foundation.
- Expansion of the product range with a small actuator.
- First Belimo website: www.belimo.com.
- The product ranges of safety actuators and volumetric flow controllers were renewed. The tight connection between mechanics and electronics results in attractive products.
- BELIMO Aircontrols (CAN), Inc. established.
- BELIMO Holding AG becomes a public company, listed on the Swiss Market Index (SMI).
- The Belimo Group prepared its first consolidated financial statements.
- 100 Million sales in CHF.
- 5 Million actuators since foundation.
- Introduction of the patented brushless DC motor technology reduces energy consumption up to 80% and ensures longevity and optimal system performance.
- 50 Million sales in CHF.
- 250 Employees.
- Market entry in the Americas with the foundation of a subsidiary in the United States.
- Move into the new building in Hinwil ZH in addition to the existing locations.
- Introduction of a stronger motorized direct coupled damper motor (30 Nm).
- Assembly of the one millionth actuator.
- Launch of the new generation of spring return actuators for fire and smoke safety dampers.
- Introduction of the volumetric flow controllers.
- Implementation of electronic data processing.
- 50 employees.
- On the peak of success of the first model series Belimo introduces an improved generation of direct coupled damper actuators.
- 100'000 actuators assembled since foundation.
- Belimo moves from Gossau ZH to Wetzikon ZH because of shortage of space due to the rapid growth.
- Market entry into Europe with distribution in Germany.
- Worldwide introduction of the first direct coupled motorized damper actuator. The actuator is mounted directly on the damper spindle offering reduced installation time by two-thirds.
- The founders decide to apply the bottleneck-oriented strategy (EKS).
- Foundation of BELIMO Automation AG in Gossau, ZH Switzerland, by Walter Burkhalter, Anton Heinrich Hütte, Ludwig Linsi, Walter Linsi, Werner Roner, and Karl Stocker.